Newco Is Dedicated to Sustainable Practices
Newco is dedicated to building innovative beverage and dispensing solutions for creative customers through teamwork and exceptional performance that leads to the success of our customers. We do this also knowing that our manufacturing and office processes can have a negative impact on our environment so we find ways to protect our environment by reducing energy usage, waste, and use of non-recyclable materials in all aspects of our daily lives both personal and professional.
- Replaced low efficiency lighting that reduced energy usage by an average of 25,000 KWH, or 20% and lowered our monthly cost by an average of $1,100 per month. Payback period is 1.5 years which will be realized in July of 2015.
- Established a no-idling policy at our shipping and receiving docks.
- Completed a green purchasing policy for the following:
– Use only 100% recycled paper at all desktop computers.
– Use only 100% recycled janitorial paper and cleaning supplies.
– Eliminated all Styrofoam cups in our kitchen area- all employees were issued and use insulated coffee mugs and cups for cold drinks.
– Eliminated all plastic water bottles for use in corporate meetings.
- Installed Recycling collection sites throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Reduced foam packaging on two production lines which represent half of our annual production with recyclable hexacomb packaging that saved the company $22K per year. Looking to move to more production lines in the first quarter of 2015.
- Reduced office paper usage by e-mailing PDF purchase orders and blue prints. Worked with both recycling and injection molded plastics company to recycle obsolete plastic parts.
- Recycle all scrap metal that is used in the production of our products whether or not it has value. Recycle all batteries and cell phones as well as building materials and shipping skids for re-use on our incoming products.
- Established a GREEN TEAM of various personnel from different departments to meet monthly to come up with new ways to reduce waste, energy, and recycle as much as we can.